Healthy Mashed Sweet PotatoesThe spice mixture and orange juice in this recipe adds a wonderful complement to the flavor of the sweet potatoes for a great new addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating. It also contains only 98 calories. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, sliced thin for quick cooking
- 2 TBS fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp garam marsala*
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- *Garam marsala is an Indian spice, which is available at most markets.
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in a steamer with a tight fitting lid.
- Steam peeled and sliced sweet potatoes in steamer basket, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until tender
- When tender, mash with potato masher, adding rest of ingredients.