Curry and tangy yogurt are the taste-enhancing stars of this nutritious salad. When it comes to turkey, as with chicken, we recommend selecting organically grown, pasture-raised turkey whenever possible. This salad adds a wealth of health-protective nutrients to our 7-Day Meal Plan including all of the B vitamins. Since all ingredients are selected from our list of World's Healthiest Foods you are ensured to receive an abundance of health-protective nutrients. When we evaluated this recipe against our WHFoods recommended daily amounts It provided 264% vitamin K to help promote healthy blood clotting, 93% folate to sustain brain and nervous system activity, 79% B3 to help promote energy production, 78% protein to help support proper body composition, 73% B6 to help promote brain and nervous system health, 64% selenium for antioxidant protection, 52% pantothenic acid to help promote fat metabolism, 49% dietary fiber to help improve cardiovascular function including cholesterol metabolism, 48% B2 to help provide antioxidant protection, and much more!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups romaine lettuce or mixed salad greens, thinly sliced
- 3 oz (about 1/2 cup) cooked, sliced turkey breast
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup avocado, diced
- 2 TBS walnuts, chopped
- Optional: 1 TBS raisins
- Creamy Curry Dressing
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add dressing to salad, toss gently and serve.