Black Bean Burrito, Indian StyleThe combination of Southwestern ingredients and Eastern seasonings add a unique flavor to this burrito. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- Prepare other vegetables.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, and peppers in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garam masala and sweet potatoes and mix well. Add 1/2 cup broth and cook covered on low heat for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add beans making sure they are rinsed and drained well first. Mix, cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While vegetables are cooking, shred lettuce.
- Place vegetable mixture in tortilla and top with goat cheese. Roll and top with salsa and shredded lettuce.