WHFoods Menu: Poached Eggs on Toast with Avocado and Tomato Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it is no wonder eggs have become a breakfast staple. World Health Organization (WHO) and other public health authorities actually use eggs as their reference standard for evaluating the protein quality in all other foods. The addition of tomatoes and avocados makes our version of an egg breakfast even more nutrient-rich and helps satiate your hunger until lunch. The wealth of health-protective nutrients in this breakfast include 81% Daily Value (DV) selenium for antioxidant protection, 75% DV biotin to help maintain blood sugar balance, 62% DV choline to help support nervous system activity, 66% DV pantothenic acid and 53% DV for niacin for energy, 39% DV for protein to help maintain integrity of our body structure, 37% DV for folate to help sustain brain and nervous system activity and much more!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1-2 poached eggs
- 1 slice gluten-free toast
- 3-4 slices avocado
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped or pressed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- A few drops of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- Chop or press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Poach Eggs
- Toast bread.
- Mix garlic and olive oil and drizzle on toast.
- Assemble the avocado, tomato and egg on the toast and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with hot sauce if desired.