WHFoods Menu: Rousing Raspberry SmoothieIn addition to being antioxidant powerhouses, one of the most fascinating new areas of raspberry research involves the potential for raspberries to improve management of obesity. Plus they taste great! It is easy to see why they are a wonderful addition to our nutrient-rich smoothie. They can help jump start your day by energizing you and satiating your hunger until lunch. The wealth of health-protective nutrients in the Rousing Raspberry Smoothie include 253% DV for vitamin K for healthy blood clotting, 237% DV for manganese to help support bone production, 126% DV for vitamin C for antioxidant protection, 88% DV for copper to help support energy metabolism, 80% DV for fiber to help stabilize blood sugar levels, 66% DV for magnesium to help maintain bone integrity, 40% DV for vitamin E to help protect against heart disease, 31% DV for protein to help support proper body composition , and 30% DV for zinc to help immune function. It is rich in B vitamins and much more!
Prep and Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 medium banana, fresh or frozen, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple (or 1/2 cup apple, chopped)
- 1-1/2 cups spinach or curly kale
- 1 TBS almond butter
- 1 cup coconut water or fresh squeezed orange juice (not from concentrate)
- 3-4 ice cubes (optional)
- water or coconut water to thin
- Optional: 1/2 - 1 tsp grated ginger
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. If too thick, add water or coconut water to thin.