7-Minute "Quick Steamed" Sweet PotatoesBoiled Sweet Potatoes get watery and lose their flavor. I discovered that "Quick Steaming" Sweet Potatoes not only takes just 7 minutes but also enhances their flavor and preserves their nutrients.
Prep and Cook Time: 7-minutes
- 1 medium Sweet Potato
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water.
- Cut Sweet Potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- When water comes to a boil carefully add Sweet Potatoes. Cover steamer with a tight fitting lid and steam for 7 minutes. Sweet Potatoes are done when
they are fork tender.
- You can enjoy them cubed or mash them as mashed Sweet Potatoes.