Rosemary "Quick Broiled" LambIf you have extra time, marinating Lamb will give it great flavor. this easy preparation seals in the juices and the skillet requires no oil.(Taken from page 737 of the 2nd Edition of the World's Healthiest Foods book.)
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 lamb chops
- 5 medium cloves garlic
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS fresh rosemary, removed from stem and chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and Lamb chops in a bowl or plastic bag with seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours to overnight. If you don't have time to marinate, let the Lamb chops sit in marinate for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the broiler on high and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be about 5-7 inches from the heat source.
- Remove Lamb chops from marinade. Using a hot pad pad, pull the pan out from the broiler, place the Lamb chops on the pan and return to the broiler. They cook very quickly as they are cooking on both sides simultaneously. Do not turn.
- Broil for 7-10 minutes for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of the chops. They are done when the internal temperature is 135°F (57°C). For medium-well chops, cook 2-3 minutes longer.