Roast Leg of Lamb
Prep and Cook Time: Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes
- butt half of boneless leg of lamb, about 3 to 4 lbs
- 8 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3 TBS chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions, quartered
- 11/2 cups chopped celery
- Cut off excess fat from leg of lamb. Lay leg of lamb out flat in glass baking dish. Press garlic and chop rosemary. Rub leg with both making sure you get it into the crevices. Pour fresh lemon juice over lamb and sprinkle with salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C). Cut vegetables and place around lamb in baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Roast lamb and vegetables for about 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 350°F (177°C).
- After about 20 minutes, check the internal temperature of the lamb with an instant reading meat thermometer. Continue to check in thickest part of leg every 5 minutes until internal temperature reaches 130°F (55°C) for medium rare. Let it rest for a few minutes before carving. Serve with vegetables and pan juices.
- If vegetables are not yet tender, pour them into a pan with juice and simmer, covered over medium heat while lamb rests.