Roasted BeetsRoasting is one of the best way to cook beets, as it brings out their wonderful buttery flavor. This easy-to-prepare, healthy recipe does just that.
Prep and Cook Time: 7 minutes/ 55 minutes
- 6 small whole beets
- 2 small yellow onions
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 TBS coarsely chopped walnuts
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Wash beets well and place in a baking dish just big enough to hold beets, and onions without crowding them. If onions are small, just leave whole with skin on. If they are medium sized, cut in half leaving the skin on.
- Cover and roast for about 55 minutes, stirring occasionally, until you can slide tip of sharp knife into the center of the beets fairly easily. Remove from oven.
- When beets and onions have cooled enough to handle, peel and cut into bite-sized pieces. Toss with vinegar, olive, oil, garlic, and chopped walnuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with chopped parsley.